The One-to-One Mentorship Program is a personal development, training, and leadership initiative that requires active participation. EPs interested in participating ideally have proven leadership, a willingness to learn, and a proactive character. Upon a review of submitted applications, each admitted TORCH mentee will be paired with a local FAIA acting as their mentor for one year.
Throughout the program, mentors and mentees will meet regularly in a setting and system of their choosing to discuss specific professional goals, while further developing and strengthening their relationship. Participants will cultivate communication and leadership skills, develop career maps, and expand professional and personal networks. Mentoring will entail, but is not limited to, the sharing of personal experiences, detailed guidance, portfolio and resume reviews, and discussions on personal career advancement.
Interested in becoming part of next year’s class? The application requirements below give a sense of the materials that will be required, and be sure to check out our alumni class pages from the left sidebar.
Applicants are expected to have experience working in the architecture profession for a minimum of 3 years. If accepted, AIA membership is required.
- Cover Page: Name, Email Address, AIA Member Number
- Resume: 1 page max
- Short bio: 150 words, third-person voice that summarizes your personal and professional background, interests, and achievements
- Applicant photo: High resolution, color headshot in professional attire
- 5 pages of work samples from the applicant’s portfolio: 8.5 X 11″ in either orientation
- Answers to the following prompts in 250 words each:
- Why are you interested in the One-on-One Mentorship Program, and if selected, what do you hope to gain from it? Please be specific, and use your personal career goals to inform your answers.
- Please identify your interests, long-term career expectations and goals, and explain how you have pursued them thus far. Is there a past or present experience that informed your objectives, and if so, how?
- As a professional, how have you demonstrated initiative and leadership, and how will you continue to do so as a TORCH mentee? Use specific examples to demonstrate your point.
Please combine the submission material to a single PDF (max 10mb) and email it alongside your JPG applicant photo to the TORCH Executive Committee at email@example.com by the deadline posted for the current year. Files should be named: TORCHApplicationYYYY-LastNameFirstName. The naming format should be the same for both the PDF and the JPG headshot.
Applications for the Class of 2021 are now closed! The deadline for applications for 2022 will be announced on this page in the spring.
Selection of Mentees
Applications will be reviewed by the TORCH Executive Committee, composed of representatives from the ENYA committee and the College of Fellows. Applicants accepted into the One-to-One program will be notified via email. Once admitted, mentees and mentors will participate in a speed-mentoring event designed to find the best possible match based on career goals and mutual interests.
For more information on the TORCH Mentorship Program or questions, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org