by AIA New York
Two years ago, AIA New York and the Center for Architecture began a wide-reaching redesign of both organizations’ websites, with the goal of completing the project in advance of the AIA Conference on Architecture (A’18). In just a few short weeks, A’18 comes to New York City for the first time in 30 years and we’re excited to share that we’ve met our goal of launching both phases of the project, helmed by New York City-based design and development studio For Office Use Only. This digital transformation enables us to better serve and engage with not only our membership but also the New York architecture and design community at large.
In November 2017, the first and largest launch took place, encompassing a completely new look and feel for aiany.org and centerforarchitecture.org. We also launched calendar.aiany.org, a website that brings together both organization’s events and offers a larger presence for AIANY’s Program Committees and events from our partner organizations and allies. All three sites form an ecosystem that reorganizes, simplifies, and makes more accessible the activities of both organizations. Key enhancements include a long-overdue responsive site that is faster and more visual, easier event registration, online join and renew, a login system for members, and a lot of behind-the-scenes connectivity that plays to the strength and depth of our databases.
Now, we’ve launched six additional initiatives within aiany.org:
- New AIANY Firm Directory, powered by Architizer and open to all AIANY member firms.
- Rich, visually-driven Awards Archive that showcases award-winning work by our members and New York architects.
- Featured Projects section allowing users to easily browse award-winning work.
- Company Directory that clearly lists the professional services of AIANY corporate members.
- New, expanded section dedicated to Oculus magazine, featuring select articles online.
- Special Projects pages that can finally accommodate the in-depth, constantly evolving work of our members and Committees.
We hope you’ll enjoy exploring these new tools, and that their value will quickly begin to speak for itself—even as we continue to grow and enhance our digital resources. If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please contact Meghan Edwards, Director of Digital Content and Strategy, at email@example.com.