The leadership program aims to be a platform for personal growth into civil service. As such, please keep in mind that applicants are expected to attend and participate in all program events. Please be aware of all dates before applying. All development sessions will take place from 1-5 pm. Planning of the hosted development session and public event will require additional time not indicated here.
3.20.19 – Applications Open
4.29.19 – Applications Due – Deadline Extended to 05.06.19
5.29.19 – Participants Announced
6.1.19 – Full-Day Program Kickoff
6.12.19 – Logistics Briefing
TBD – Team Building
TBD – Team Building
7.12.19 – Development Session
8.2.19 – Development Session
8.23.19 – Development Session
9.13.19 – Development Session
10.4.19 – Development Session
10.30.19 – Public Event
12.3.19 – Public Event
12.19.19 – Program Conclusion
Applicants must be AIA members and work in the design profession. The Civic Leadership Program is open to all AIA members and membership titles. Emerging professionals are encouraged to apply.
Submission Materials: (20 pages max)
- Cover Page: Name, email address, AIA number
- Headshot (to be used in AIANY and CLP publications, file size: 1500 pixels at 72 dpi)
- Biography (250 words max)
- (2) Essays:
- If selected, what would you like to achieve and/or accomplish in the Civic Leadership Program? (150 words max)
- What is the origin or source of your interest in advocacy/civic leadership and how does it connect to your interest in architecture? (500 words max)
- (2) Letters of Recommendation
- Current employer
- Former employer, professor or informed individual who can provide insight into your application. Letters of recommendation cannot be written by individuals related to the applicant.
- Supporting Material:
- Samples of relevant experience demonstrating interest in civic engagement or advocacy (projects, essays, work samples).
Please email submission material in a single PDF (max 10mb) to CLP@aiany.org by 11:59 pm on Monday, May 6, 2019.