January 14, 2022Call for Juror Nominations: 2022 Transportation + Infrastructure Design Excellence Awards
This year, AIA New York will again sponsor the annual awards program to recognize the design excellence of transportation and infrastructure-related projects. This awards program specifically recognizes the unique characteristics of transportation and infrastructure work at all scales. The goal of the Transportation and Infrastructure (T+ I) Design Excellence Awards is to recognize the civic importance of this work, and foster dialogue about related projects and their essential role within the public realm. This awards program is co-sponsored by the AIANY Transportation and Infrastructure Committee and the American Society of Landscape Architects NY (ASLA NY) Chapter.
A qualified panel of jurors is being sought to review the submitted projects and help make this program a success. We are calling on you to nominate a potential juror who you believe is available, interested, and qualified. You are free to self-nominate. Once nominated, the prospective jurors will be contacted, and the panel will be assembled. A nomination does not guarantee a place on the jury.
Jurors should have experience in the realms of transportation and infrastructure and/or civic architecture as clients, designers, planners, landscape architects, educators, advocates, or other related backgrounds.
- Week of February 7 – launch
- Week of April 8 – Submission Deadline (allows 60 days)
- Week of May 2 – Provide Jurors with access to submissions
- Week of May 16 – Jurors convene (virtual)
- Week of May 23 – Notify Winners
- Week of May 23 – Public event to announce winners, panel discussion
NOTE: Juror members as individuals and their current firms are precluded from submitting entries for award.
Responsibilities and time commitment of jurors:
- Review electronic submissions in advance of virtual Jury Day; rank submissions 1-5 to facilitate conversation with fellow jurors on Jury Day (week of May 16)
- Attend / Participate in virtual panel discussion coinciding with Announcement of Award recipients (the week of May 23 at 6 PM at the Center for Architecture)
If you have an individual in mind, please provide that name/names and email address to Tom Grassi, FAIA, at email@example.com no later than Tuesday, January 25 at 5pm ET.