*Due to public health concerns, AIA New York walking tours have been temporarily suspended. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.*
AIA New York offers over 20 different walking tours throughout Manhattan and the boroughs, with a special focus on modern and contemporary architecture. Expert guides, all members of the AIA New York Chapter, walk intimate groups of visitors through some of New York City’s most distinctive neighborhoods, exploring the city’s rich history and stunning new buildings, as well as creative examples of adaptive reuse, urban planning, and development.
Walking tours are currently offered on weekends in April through November. Questions or feedback? Contact email@example.com.
Upcoming Walking Tours
Team of 3-6: $25
Registration deadline: Wednesday, October 15
Clues released: Saturday, October 17, 10 am
Submission deadline: Sunday, October 18, 10 pm
At a time when the future seems overwhelmingly unpredictable, how can we draw on our past to bounce back from the current crisis?
Open House New York and Archtober invite you to explore how adversity has shaped New York into the city it is today through a 36-hour, five-borough outdoor scavenger hunt taking place during this year’s Open House New York Weekend (October 17-18). Think: urban trivia meets New York City Marathon meets socially distant adventure.
Participate solo or team up to decipher clues as you dash from, say, a post office in the Bronx to a public art installation in Brooklyn. Yes, this is a competition and, yes, there will be prizes.
How it Works
- Teams must register in advance. Play solo or in teams of up to 6.
- Each team must designate a team captain who is responsible for confirming team details prior to the event.
- Before October 17, designate a team mascot—make your own or pick an object that will be pictured in all the photos you submit for points.
- On October 17 at 10 am, more than 60 clues will be emailed to team captains that hint at key sites across all five boroughs.
- On October 17 and October 18, decipher clues and race across the city, posing for photos of you, your team, and your team mascot in front of key sites. Teams can walk, run, take public transportation, or use bikes, cars, and taxis. To level the playing field, teams who do not use cars get a “green energy bonus.”
- Submit your photos by 10 pm on October 18 for scoring via Dropbox. Points will be tallied and winners will be announced on Monday, October 19.
About Open House New York
Open House New York provides broad audiences with unparalleled access to the extraordinary architecture of New York and to the people who help design, build, and preserve the city. Through year-round programs and the annual OHNY Weekend, Open House New York celebrates the best examples of design and planning throughout the five boroughs, from historic to contemporary, and helps foster a more informed conversation about how architecture and urban design sustain New York as a vibrant place to live, work, and learn. Visit ohny.org to learn more.
Archtober is New York City’s Architecture and Design Month, the tenth-annual festival of architecture activities, programs and exhibitions taking place during the month of October. This year, in response to the COVID-19 crisis, many of our partner programs will be hosted digitally, allowing visitors from across the globe to participate in our exploration of architecture and design in NYC and beyond.
This event is presented as part of Archtober, NYC’s annual architecture and design month celebrating the rich cultural and architectural history of the city.
Please note that AIANY walking tours are not ADA accessible. However, since accessibility requirements can vary person to person, please email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to purchasing your tickets for more information.