AIA New York’s annual Design Awards program recognizes outstanding architectural design by AIA New York members, New York City-based architects in any location, and work in New York City by architects around the globe. The purpose of the awards program is to honor the architects, clients, and consultants who work together to achieve design excellence.
The 2022 Design Awards jury met in early January and selected 25 winners across four categories: Architecture, Interiors, Projects, and Urban Design. Top projects received Honor Awards, with Merit Awards going to other highly competitive projects in the same category, and selected projects were recognized with Citation Awards for outstanding work on a specific design element. The awards were announced at an online symposium in January.
The 2022 winners will be celebrated along with this year’s Honor Award winners at an Honors and Awards Luncheon on April 28 at Cipriani Wall Street, and with an exhibition of the winners at the Center for Architecture. Congratulations to this year’s winners!
- Sean Canty, Founder, SSC; Founding Principal, Office III; Assistant Professor of Architecture, Harvard Graduate School of Design
- Héctor Esrawe, Founder, Esrawe Studio
- Ted Flato, FAIA, Founder, Lake|Flato
- Ying-yu Hung, FASLA, Managing Principal, SWA
- Dana E. McKinney, AIA, Architect and Urban Planner, enFOLD Collective; Development Manager, Adre
- Julie Snow, FAIA, Founding Principal, Snow Kreilich Architects