March 7, 2023Public Space Research and Design Project: Seeking Grant Implementation Coordinator
From late 2021 through spring of 2022, the AIANY Social and Architecture Committee hosted three virtual, public-facing events as part of committee’s “Public Space Research + Design” series. The three events focused on climate change, safety and security, and gender and sexuality, shedding light on social injustices and inequalities in New York City’s built environment and data and research methods to support more equitable and inclusive design outcomes. Especially in lower income neighborhoods, built environment conditions perpetuate the social, economic, and health inequities.
The committee feels the information gathered in these events should be shared to a larger, multidisciplinary audience to illustrate how more inclusive pre-design research can result in the creation of more equitable built environments.
Role Title: Grant Implementation Coordinator
The AIANY Social Science and Architecture Committee is looking for someone who shares our enthusiasm and passion for sharing the lessons from the Public Space Research + Design series to act as a Grant Implementation Coordinator to facilitate the collection of data and media from the events and develop the content into a traveling exhibition. The Grant Implementation Coordinator will work with volunteers from the Committee Excellence Grant (CEG) working group to identify and follow up on actions required to complete the information gathering and synthesizing process.
- Create a project
- Schedule working group meetings for project team You will be responsible for setting the agenda, assigning follow-up action items, and following up on delivery.
- Create a system to organize the project data/research.
- Work with the project team to develop the exhibition
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Strong organizational
- Ability to work well with and provide support to other team members as
- Ability to review and synthesize volumes of information and draw out common
Support & Compensation:
- Opportunity to be mentored by senior industry leaders and gain experience in project
- Stipend of $1,000.
Length of Appointment: March-June 2023, with the potential to extend through 2023 pending additional funding.
Time Commitment: Funding allows for remuneration for approximately 50 hours concluding June 30, 2023.
Location: Remote with the opportunity to meet in-person.
Application: Please send CV to the following committee members by March 15, 2023.