June 28, 2023AIANY Design for Aging Hybrid Committee Meeting | June 22, 2023
The DFA June Committee Meeting reviewed the discussion from the last meeting regarding global examples of architecture (or planning) that respond to the needs of older persons. Valuable resources and links include:
- Fitwel which is a building certification system which promotes occupant health is an examples that are specifically responding to the needs of older persons in the face of climate change.
- The Clarion Group (London, UK) is an example of a company that supports new community housing including housing for older persons.
- NYAM’s Global Roadmap for Healthy Longevity
- Centre for Ageing Better
- Katherine Kline has been in contact with Christophe Lalande (Head of Housing at UN habitat) who noted work his organization is doing related to housing and sustainable design.
- DFA co-chair Brian Pape is in touch with real estate developers working on NYCHA capital improvement projects.
Kathy has also shared:
- Her extensive notes and the report for THE STATE OF THE NATION’S HOUSING 2023,
- Her notes for Equity by Design – Principles in Action: Clarion Housing Group, and
- The booklet regarding AGE-FRIENDLY BROOKLYN TASK FORCE.
The complete meeting agenda with an extended list of ideas from previous meetings and events in formation for Tafel Hall panels can be accessed here.