by Camila Schaulson Frenz
After collaborating with industry stakeholders and practitioners to identify growing needs, AIA National has expanded its portfolio with the launch of nine new AIA contract documents. These include a new owner/consultant agreement with two accompanying scope-of-service exhibits for land surveying and geotechnical engineering, as well as six new administrative forms for use on design-build projects.
C103™–2015, Standard Form of Agreement Between Owner and Consultant without a Predefined Scope of Consultant’s Services, establishes expectations between an owner and consultant on a project. The document contains basic business terms related to copyrights and licenses, claims and disputes, termination or suspension, and compensation. The accompanying scope-of-service exhibit C201™-2015, Standard Form of Consultant’s Services: Land Survey, establishes the duties and responsibilities of a surveyor who is hired as a consultant by a property owner, and allows the parties to select between a boundary, topographic, or ALTA/ACSM survey. Meanwhile, C202™-2015, Standard Form of Consultant’s Services: Geotechnical Engineering Services, establishes the duties and responsibilities of a geotechnical engineer hired as a consultant by a property owner. It separates the geotechnical engineer’s services into four phases: explorations and testing, preparation of a geotechnical report, design services, and construction services. C201™-2015 and C202™-2015 may not be used as stand-alone agreements and must be attached to C103™–2015.
The six new design-build forms complete the Design-Build family of documents. They include:
- G741™-2015, Change Order for a Design-Build Project
- G742C™-2015, Application and Certificate for Payment for a Design-Build Project, Contractor Variation
- G742S™-2015, Application and Certificate for Payment for a Design-Build Project, Subcontractor Variation
- G743C™-2015, Continuation Sheet for a Design-Build Project, Contractor Variation
- G743S™-2015, Continuation Sheet for a Design-Build Project, Subcontractor Variation
- G745™-2015, Change Directive for a Design-Build Project