September 2, 2020CAE Back to School Update
Since March, our committee has shifted to a virtual environment, focusing our efforts on sharing resources and facilitating structured conversation on the pandemic’s impact on our local NYC education ecosystem. The COVID-19 pandemic has acutely exposed inequities in access to education in our local NYC communities and we are committed to shining a spotlight on these topics and creating a forum in which we as designers come together to seek solutions to our built environment.
The following is a review of our recent committee meetings:
- April 01, 2020–Roundtable -“COVID-19 current state”
- May06, 2020–Roundtable -“How do we move forward -Sept 2020?”
- June03, 2020–Roundtable -“Impact to school design going forward?”
- July 01, 2020–Roundtable –“Equity and Access to Education for Underserved Communities”
- July 29, 2020–Panel Talk–“Helping NYC Return to the Classroom”
We plan to continue this series in September and October to examine lessons learned from initial school openings, necessary shifts in protocols, and further design implications. Our meetings are open to all and we welcome new voices and perspectives to these important conversations.
Please reach out to us if you’d like to join our monthly meetings!