Welcome Back to the Center for Architecture
The safety and well-being of our members, visitors, and staff are our top priorities during all Center for Architecture events and programs. Our events will comply with all local and New York State guidelines for in-person, indoor gatherings. For the safety and enjoyment of our visitors and staff, we reserve the right to request that anyone who does not follow these protocols leave the Center for Architecture.
In accordance with NYC law, proof of vaccination status will be required for all staff and visitors. Please be prepared to present one of the following when you arrive, in addition to a government-issued photo ID:
- New York State’s Excelsior Pass or Excelsior Pass Plus
- NYC COVID Safe App
- Official vaccination card or a paper copy
- Photo of your vaccination card on your mobile device
Children younger than age 12, who are not eligible to be vaccinated, will have to be accompanied by a vaccinated person and will be required to wear face masks at all times.
All visitors over the age of two, and all staff, are required to wear face masks when moving through public spaces, including seated meetings and other programs within the Center for Architecture, regardless of vaccination status.
Wearing masks can help ensure that our space is welcoming to everyone.
For events and meetings where food and beverages are served, masks are recommended when not actively consuming food and beverages. Please review individual event descriptions on our Calendar to determine whether food and beverages will be served at specific events.
Beyond drinking water, we ask that attendees, unless medically necessary, do not bring their own food and drink to events or meetings at the Center for Architecture.
Additional Safety Measures
The following measures reduce the risk of COVID-19 exposure to you, other visitors, and our staff:
- Please be mindful of other guests, and maintain distance between others whenever possible.
- Kindly reschedule your visit if, in the 10 days leading up to your visit, you or anyone in your household has tested positive for COVID-19 or has experienced COVID-19 symptoms, or if you are unvaccinated and have come into close contact with anyone confirmed or suspected of having COVID-19.
- High-touch areas are cleaned throughout the day. Visitors will find several hand-sanitizing stations placed throughout the Center.
- Restrooms are single-use and regularly sanitized throughout the day.
- All HVAC filters have been upgraded to MERV-13, and other HVAC system upgrades have increased the percentage of fresh air entering the space throughout the day. Portable DFS air quality systems have been incorporated in spaces throughout the Center for Architecture, resulting in a 99.99% reduction of airborne viral load.